2000 Plymouth Voyager a/c

Old 07-03-08, 02:05 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2000 Plymouth Voyager a/c

I have a 2000 Plymouth Voyager, 110,000 miles, 3.0 v-6, auto. The a/c belt will squeal very loud if I turn on the a/c and even once in a while when it is not on. The a/c usually does not work - I figure it is either the a/c clutch or the a/c compressor or both. I've found a cheap place where I can get both parts but I need to know - except for unbolting/bolting the unit and moving the hoses over to the new one and then re-filling with rerigerant, what else will I need to do? Should I also replace the condenser? Are there O rings that need to be replaced if I un-hook the hoses? The condensor/clutch together will cost about $200 w/ 90 day warrantee - so this is very cheap if I do it myself. Any advice or instructions?

Old 07-04-08, 06:54 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Several things need to be done for you to diy this:

1. The existing refrigerant needs to be captured for recycling; this part is not diy-able.
2. The receiver/drier will need to be replaced.
3. The system needs to be evacuated (vacuum pulled) and leak checked prior to reservicing.
4. The servicing is best done with the proper gages.

Yes, there may be o-rings.

What I have done in the past has been to make arrangements with a garage to do the pre-job recovery of the refrigerant and the post-job evacuation & servicing and then done the mechanical work myself. They will NOT, of course, provide any warrranty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: