check engine light

Old 07-05-08, 03:42 PM
check engine light

I have a 2001 Olds Aurora, 4.0
This is my wifes car and last week it started throwing a p1860 code. ( TCC PWM Solenoid Electrical Fault ) I cleared it twice just to make sure it wasn't a fluke or something. The last time I checked it, It had two codes. The P1860 and
PO741. This is a generic code. ( Torque converter clutch- circuit performance or stuck off.) I haven't been able to find a manual for this vehicle so can anyone tell me. 1) Is this solenoid external of the tranny or internal. And 2) Could some one provide a flow chart for diagnostics. Any help is appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-08, 04:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm pretty sure the solenoid is internal. You are not going to find anyone on here with a flow chart. You need to try and get your hands on the ESM. I'm thinking the tranny needs to be dropped for this.

Old 07-05-08, 05:04 PM
The 741 is probably a remnant of 1860, so I wouldnt go to nuts over it.

The solenoid is most definitely internal. With a bunch of patience, and even more luck, you could concievably "FISH" out the side cover, but without getting the vehicle overhead on a lift, Its a tall order, and likely not a DIY compatible task.

Old 07-06-08, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I was reading on the web that a trans fluid and filter change sometimes straitens it up. I'll try next weekend and find out.
Thanks again.

Search this Thread