OEM Auto Wire Plugs

Old 07-11-08, 09:41 AM
Question OEM Auto Wire Plugs

I am in the middle of building a custom Jeep CJ7. It is running a fuel injected Chevy 350. Because of the many changes I would have to make to the factory wiring harness, I opted for a universal harness that is working out well. What I need to find though, is a supplier for factory wiring plugs. For instance, I need the plug that connects to the factory Jeep windshield wiper switch on a 86 Jeep CJ7. Can anyone point me to a company that provides these?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-08, 12:26 PM
Ever thought of splicing the original plugs into the new harness, then shrink wrapping the junction to waterproof the circuitry?

Old 07-11-08, 12:55 PM
The problem is that I don't have the original wiring harness and I don't want to purchase a new one just for a couple of plugs. Even getting one from a wrecking yard will cost me about $100. I've contacted companies that make custom harnesses and they won't sell just the plug. There has to be companies out there though that will.

Old 07-11-08, 02:45 PM
Typically ,For just the plugs, 100$ will get you the plugs you need and then some, beers for the weekend, 3 or 4 rolls of solder and two bags of assorted shrink wrap...

Seriously, the junk yards are full of these , and for 15 or 20 bucks, if that much, you can call it a day.