Evap Two Way Valve

Old 07-16-08, 06:44 PM
Evap Two Way Valve

1997 Accord, F22B2 engine, 4-cyl

I am trying to get the code P1457 to stop turning on the check engine light.

Has anyone here replaced or removed the two-way bypass valve near the fuel tank? I am wondering if this is the best bet to change--along with the cost, difficulty, etc. if anyone has any information.

Thanks to all.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-08, 05:56 AM
Well man if your ECU is throwin the trouble code for that valve I'd be pretty confident its right. As for replacin it , it ain't too difficult. You jus need the basic tools, medium sized flat head and phillpis screw drivers, 10,12, 14 and possibly a 17 mm socket and wrenchs, a couple jack stands and a decent little jack and a flat piece of wood bout 2 ft square ,cause your gonna have to drop your fuel tank a little bit to get access to the valve . First off jack your car up high enough you can crawl under there with a decent amount of elbow room. Next you gotta remove all the splash guards that surround your gas tank, next get you jack with the 2ft square board and jack it up so its all most supporting your tank up. Next begin loosining the two straps that run parrelel with your car, do this evenly . After you lowered it till it bout falls off you may wanna try to see if you can get to the valve. It should be located up on the far drivers side top part of the tank held on by one 10 mm bolt. Jus be sure the tank is secure when you do this cause if its full of gas its probably pretty damn heavy. Well that sahould help you out. If you need more help PM me and I'll do what I can to help you out

Old 07-21-08, 02:43 PM
Sorry for the delay...thanks much for the reply. If it's only throwing the code once every couple of months...is it worth changing? Do you know what the valve does and if it might hurt my gas mileage? Thanks again.