95 Plymouth Grand Voyager needs door latch replaced

Old 07-19-08, 03:46 AM
Question 95 Plymouth Grand Voyager needs door latch replaced

How do I get to it to install a new one? I thought I'd just have to remove the door panel, but I can't figure out how. Anyone know any tips or tricks?
Thanks in advance
D.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-08, 05:18 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ivoriesurreal View Post
How do I get to it to install a new one? I thought I'd just have to remove the door panel, but I can't figure out how. Anyone know any tips or tricks?
Thanks in advance
D.

Well first off you should probably go down to your local parts store or library and look through an owners manual. There's a lot of little plastic pieces specially bent metal rod things that if there bent or broke your jus make more problems for yourself. Jus go to the parts store find the owners manual for your car and I would imagine you got yourself a cell phone with a camera snap a few good pictures or jott down some main points then go for it. I'm jus pointing this out cause if it has power windows and power locks it's even more difficult. I had a civic that got the key hole drilled out cause someone tried to rip it off. And I tried to replace jus the latch and ended up
f#[email protected] up the window regulator guides, I diformed the metal rods that run from the latch to the lock mechanism. I ended up having to go to the junk yard 3 times and spending like 50 bucks more on parts to fix my mistakes. So get some guidence you'll be glad you did

Old 07-20-08, 05:43 AM
Look everywhere, behind handles etc for screws to remove. There is a possibility that there are screws hidden behind fabric, and you'll have to feel around for small holes at edges to see if you can feel anything. After that, start at the bottom and get your fingers in behind and pull quickly. Once you pull it out so far, and can tell where there is something holding it (clip) get fingers under both sides of clip and give a quick, hard pull. It should let go if it's a clip, if not, check closely for a screw head (phillips) in that area, and remove it.

Old 07-20-08, 08:51 AM
Ok -- thanks for the advice -- I'll let you know what happens :-)