Where should We put this battery? start problem

Old 07-24-08, 07:58 PM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where should We put this battery? start problem

I Know!! lets stick it under the engine!!Yeah!!
Hello
My Neighbor has a 2000 300m chrysler. Its been dubious starting as of late. We pulled the front passenger wheel, Ha! Ha HA!, to access the battery to clean terminals but no joy in solving the problem. (but we had a blast with the battery mount bracket that the last mechanic who replaced the battery just set in there cause he couldn't be bothered bolting it in) It seems to click and snap a bit like bad contacts. He says it is worse in the morning but happens at other times. Battery looks ok and is two years old. Does not seem like a battery issue to me lights are bright and it will start multiple times in a row without a set pattern of cranking power loss. Just periods of nothing and clicking or straight out starting right up. Very random
I will check the grounds next and starter connections.
If the problem lies in the starter on this car, is it likley to be the relay or contacts?? Is this starter easy and or worth it to fix ? assuming it comes down to that. I have toyota and would not give up the starter in them.
Thanks

Old 07-25-08, 04:10 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Does it maybe appear more frequently on damp mornings, or damp weather? I know you said no pattern, but just a thought.
Not sure on this particular vehicle, but on quite a few Chrysler products, your relays are altogether and some are same part number as others, have you tried swapping them around if you have that set-up?

Old 07-25-08, 11:44 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You say that you cleaned the battery terminals, but did you clean both ends? Especially be sure to remove, clean, and re tighten the positive terminal where it terminates - usually around the starter solenoid.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: