Hydrogen Generator for Autos.

Old 08-02-08, 06:28 PM
Question Hydrogen Generator for Autos.

Does any one have experience with making and installing a hydrogen generator for an automobile? I have seen lots of plans and devices on Ebay for sale and think they are out for the money. I want to install one on auto.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-08, 06:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Funny you ask that! A coworker of mine makes these "systems" for around $200 a car. He claims his friend who got one installed, got about 15% better fuel economy. I'm a skeptic, so I wouldn't try it. Cars these days are so computer controlled, and I'm afraid if you install these units, it will throw a check engine light.

Old 08-02-08, 06:49 PM
All you need is a tub of water, and a DC power supply to make hydrogen. Then you need to keep the H and O2 separated, and safe. Explosions can occur.

Hydrogen generators are not installed in the auto, they are stationary. After the hydrogen is separated from the water, it is stored, then transferred to the auto.

Major companies are investing millions of dollars to make this a viable auto fuel. It is not a DIY project.

Old 08-03-08, 01:55 PM
Group Moderator
He's talking different idea, 'mill. What he describes is going under several names and is essentially what you describe in miniature and is powered off the 12v vehicle system. The resulting hydrogen is then drawn into the engine via a vacuum line to the intake. Supposedly they DO increase mileage, etc, etc. But like with any such devices & claims, I'm more than a little skeptical. I'll withhold judgement (and money) until I see an authoritative trial by someone like the Mythbusters or Car and Driver.

mloganusda, if you check the past threads you'll find a rather extensive discussion on the topic not too long ago.

Old 08-03-08, 02:24 PM
Read what this local boy did. Here:

http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-...id=BH3DLBCME22

Last edited by ecman51; 08-03-08 at 02:36 PM. Reason: revised url
Old 08-04-08, 05:21 AM
Group Moderator
Your link is dead, ec. .

Old 08-04-08, 05:40 AM
I think you're talking about the HHO brown's gas generators. I've heard mixed reviews, many bad. Go to a legitimate site like gassavers.org and search for different results there. The seller will only post positive results.

Old 08-04-08, 06:56 AM
Thanks to all that replied on the subject. Still looking into all options. Will reply later if I go this route.

Old 08-04-08, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
Your link is dead, ec. .
Do you know if it was removed by the forum here, or do newspaper article links get 'closed' after a number of days?

Old 08-04-08, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Probably the newspaper...it was working the day(?) after you posted it.

Search this Thread