idle adjustment 1.8l subaru xt multiport fuel injection

Old 08-06-08, 04:57 AM
idle adjustment 1.8l subaru xt multiport fuel injection

just replaced the intake gaskets on my 1990 subaru xt and now i cant get the idle to go below around 1600-1800 rpm, its almost like it just doesnt kick down even though it is fully up to temp...it also has a self diagnosis function in the ECM and it flashes five times and no description in the repair manual for five short flashes.....

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-08, 03:39 PM
HISSSSSSSSSSSS

sounds like you either have air leak(and a major one) into the system, or one of the vacuum lines is diconnected/damaged, letting air in.
re-inspect every sigle vacuum and air line for tightness, cracks, kink, damage.
as of leaking gasket - if that's the case - i, honestly, donno how to spot it, as it's sucking air in, not pushing it out.

Old 08-08-08, 03:17 AM
well before i replaced the intake gaskets it wouldnt hardly run at all,wouldnt idle, and ran very rough...now it seems to run smooth , idles fine (except fast) i reason i suspected the gaskets was discoloration around the gasket area..i'm going to double check/replace vacuum lines tomorrow and see if that helps...

Old 08-08-08, 06:02 PM
What would you say your level of mechanical experience is. Need to know before I suggest a way to diagnose problem.

Old 08-10-08, 07:52 PM
i'd say im good remove and replace mechanic, with a few other bits of info sprinkled in...in other words, i'd say i can probably handle whatever your going to suggest if i cant i have some mechanic type ppl i know..