2004 dodge dakota radio dash panel

Old 08-06-08, 10:14 PM
2004 dodge dakota radio dash panel

i have a 2004 dodge dakota 6 cylinder.i want to replace the original radio with a new one.can you show me a diagram of how to take out the dash panel to install a new one. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-08, 05:44 PM
Not 100% sure on your Dakota, but all my Dodge dash panels that didn't have screws, simply/carefully, pulled off. Clips in behind will hold pretty good so you usually have to give a quick, careful yank. Check under bottom of panel, sides etc, if you don't see any screws to remove, try a quick yank, and see if anything happens.

Old 08-10-08, 07:57 AM
If I remember correctly on the 2004 model the console runs under the dash. If this is so, there is a small storage tray under there. There are 2 screws pointing up in that front panel. Loosen those screws and pull the panel out from the bottom. You dont have to remove the screws just loosen them. I use a stubby phillips screwdriver. Make sure when you put it back in the panel goes behind the screws.
If this isnt the dash style you have then you have to remove the lower steering column cover to access the screws. There are screws above the instrument cluster. Look around the perimeter of the bezel and remove any visible screws. Then pull the bezel out. There are going to be spring loaded clips holding the rest of the bezel. They will be pretty tight, so just be careful how you pull it out. The closer you are to the clip the less likely you will be to breaking anything.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Last edited by billys68ss; 08-10-08 at 08:19 AM.