2001 Chevy Blazer wiring question

Old 10-02-08, 07:08 PM
2001 Chevy Blazer wiring question

Hi all, this is my first post for please be gracious, as I don't exactly know what I'm doing. I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer that I want to attach a trailer wiring set/harness to. I know that generally i need blinkers, brakes, trailer lights, ground...ish. Under my blazer I have found a set of 6 wires, but the identifier tag is mostly illegible. I think its...
wht - grd
grn dk - rh turn
yel - lh turn
brn - rr lps
grn lt - bu lps
blu lt - ???? ?toflp (that's two words best I can tell)
I am only doing a 4 prong/way harness. Which 4 should I use? Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Last edited by fuzzyasabare; 10-02-08 at 07:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-08, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by fuzzyasabare View Post
Hi all, this is my first post for please be gracious, as I don't exactly know what I'm doing. I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer that I want to attach a trailer wiring set/harness to. I know that generally i need blinkers, brakes, trailer lights, ground...ish. Under my blazer I have found a set of 6 wires, but the identifier tag is mostly illegible. I think its...
wht - grd
grn dk - rh turn
yel - lh turn
brn - rr lps
grn lt - bu lps
blu lt - ???? ?toflp (that's two words best I can tell)
I am only doing a 4 prong/way harness. Which 4 should I use? Thanks so much in advance for any help.
go to this web site and it will help you with everything you need, the best thing to do is to use a plug in harness that will plug into your vehicle wireing harness.
http://www.etrailer.com/faq_wiring.aspx

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies