Computer For 2003 Vw Beetle

Old 10-03-08, 11:44 AM
Computer For 2003 Vw Beetle

Hi:

I have a 2003 2-door Volkswagon Beetle with a 1.8 liter engine which has been diagnosed with a computer problem. A mechanic thought my car was shaking first due to tune up, then theremostat and the last thing was the carbeuretor. I then took it to a VW repairman that said from the diagnostics I need a computer. First, should I get a second opinion as the VW repairman says the first repairman broke the computer and secondly do I have to purchase a new computer as the VW repairman says? Thanks so much -- I really love this car but lately its been giving me a lot of problems, but I am willing to fix it if this is all that I need to repair.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-08, 01:02 PM
Group Moderator
Well, for starters I would run from any mechanic that used the word "carburetor" in speaking about your car. I can gaurantee you your Beetle does not have a carburetor. Certainly get a second opinion and try to find someone who will give you an unbiased opinion. By that I mean someone who is not already aware of the problem. When you take the car in or talk to them do NOT tell them what has already been diagnosed; let them arrive at their conclusion by their own troubleshooting & diagnosis. Hold onto your wallet; that computer might be a little pricey.