92 sunbird no spark

Old 10-03-08, 03:12 PM
92 sunbird no spark

i replaced the head gasket on this vehicle, 2L ohc, and now im not getting a spark, i replaced the plugs and wires, any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-08, 05:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You replaced the plugs and wires BECAUSE you weren't getting spark? Hope not. Well, anyway, at least you have new ones.

Not sure upon what principle your car works. Like, do you have a distributor/single coil, or do you have a crank positioning sensor?

Only you would know as to all what you disconnected that was in your way, when doing the head gasket. Not sure why changing out the head gasket, other than leaving something disconnected, could cause your problem. Even if you removed the distributor and put it in wrong, it should still spark.

It be a strange coincidence if some component went bad at exactly the same time.

How much looking have you done, in any area where you were disconnecting stuff?

Have you tried to crank it in the dark to see if spark is going to ground somewhere?

Old 08-05-09, 07:06 PM
same trouble

I also have a 92 sunbird with no spark after replacing head, radiator, valves, water pump, timing belt (top dead center)replaced before new head. I have no spark and replaced crank sensor, coil pack (distributerless), when 1st put back forgot ground on head and when attached and tried again a big arc is why replaced everything (used).Is it possible the computer fried and that is why no spark?fuse is not blown in fuse pannel. Help, is there anything else that can cause no spark?