2003 Elantra headlight assembly question...

Old 10-06-08, 05:30 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2003 Elantra headlight assembly question...

I attempted to replace the bulb on my 03 Elantra. It seemed like an easy thing to do. wrong (for me at least). While removing the old bulb, I must have pushed to hard on the wire holding it in, and it came off, and do think the small tab holding it in broke. I am assuming that I now need to replace the headlight assembly?(will duct tape work lol) I can get a used one for about $50 at a parts store locally, but how difficult is it to remove and replace the assembly? I'm moderately useful when it comes to handyman stuff, but not much car experience. Seems like it's just 2-3 screws holding in on the top, and behind it?
thanks for any thoughts and tips, I feel like a bonehead Dave

Last edited by biikman; 10-06-08 at 05:37 PM. Reason: typos
Old 10-07-08, 05:33 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Any DIY-er who says he hasn't done something similar in his life is probably lying, Dave. I could write a book on my screw-ups.

I would give it a shot. There's a chance you may need to move some other items out of the way, but only way to find out is to take a few screws out. There may or may not be additional screws in places like under the edge of the bumper cover. Looking at the replacement housing should tell you.

New aftermarket one about $100, so $50 for a used is not a bad price.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: