abs light

Old 10-09-08, 04:12 PM
abs light

I have a 98 chevy malibu. The abs light was onwhen we bought it, It needed hub assy's so I changed out the worst one and the light went out, .... for a week, then once in a while, I figured when I replced the other hub it would go out, this weekend I replaced it and the rotor and pads on the drivers side, started the car and the light didn't come on then I changed the rotor and pads on the passenger side, now the lights on all of the time, I rechecked the sensor plugs on both hubs , no luck, can somebody help?? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-08, 04:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have you checked the gap between the sensor and the abs doohookie (looks like a gear, called the tone ring)?

You probably damaged the sensors.

Old 10-09-08, 04:49 PM
abs light

the sensor and hub/ bearing assy are one piece and sealed, the problem "seemed" to be fixed after I replaced the hub assy, but when I changed out the brakes on the other side (didn't touch the sensor/ hub assy) the light came back on

Old 10-09-08, 06:01 PM
Check the wire harnesses and conections for breaks. U might have to get a abs trouble code to pin point the cause most repair shops will read codes for free . U might also have a bad new part which has happened before