problem with truck sometimes not starting

Old 10-11-08, 11:54 PM
problem with truck sometimes not starting

I was with my son in his truck and he mentioned that he first thought he'd gotten some bad gas as his truck wasn't running to good. As we drove along he noticed his stereo had no power to it. Just as he pulled in to get gas, it died and even though it would turn over he couldn't get it to start again. He had me turn the key on as he did something with the spark plug or something in that area and couldn't get a spark. First he thought perhaps his fuel pump went out because he didn't think it looked like the carborator was getting gas but after so long of trying to start it, the battery ran down. Upon having it towed home, it started right up with ease, again noticing at times he had power to his stereo and then not. Then maybe the next time he tried to start, it again would turn over but never fire. One day he had to jump someones car so he tried the truck and it started right up but as soon as he made the connection to the 2 battery's, his truck immediately died and wouldn't start again. Could it just be some weird thing going on with the battery? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-08, 10:29 AM
First put a voltmeter on to it and see how many volts when the vehicle is sitting still then how many volts when the vehicle is running