Saturn 2000LS Brake light works, but tail light does not

Old 10-12-08, 10:50 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Saturn 2000LS Brake light works, but tail light does not

I have a 4 door Sedan, 4 cylinder.

At night (or day) when lights are turned on, the red tail lights don't come on. However, if the brake is applied the brake lights do come on. Both filaments on each Bulb are OK and I didn't find any Fuse that needed replacement. What could be the problem here?

Old 10-13-08, 04:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Saturn tail/brake lights are touchy at best. Lower the hard panel on the rear sides to see the tail light assembly. One of the bulbs is back up and the other is tail/brake. Turn on your headlights and slightly twist the bulb holder in the socket. When it comes on, try the brake lights. It annoyed me when my wife drove off to work early in the morning seeing no tail light on one side. A slight wiggle fixed it.
Otherwise, if that fails, check the fuse to the tail lights.

Old 10-13-08, 08:54 AM
Z
Saturn 2000 LS Tail light not working (Brake lights work)

I have tried wiggling the bulb/holder and that did not work. In the fuse box I didn't notice any fuse that is specifically for the red tail light only (i.e., excluding the brake light which does have a fuse labeled as such). All the fuses in the Box are OK regardless what they are for.

Incidentally, alongwith the tail lights not working I noticed that the inside instrument lights are also not working, but I don't see any fuses that need replacement.

Old 10-14-08, 04:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Are you pulling each fuse, checking with a volt meter on both sides, or just looking at the top. The plug fuses can be quite deceiving unless properly tested or pulled. Just think it is a fuse item. Are your DRL's lit with the switch on?

Old 11-07-08, 10:23 PM
D
did you ever figure out which fuse to pull for your taillight problem? I'm having the exact same symptoms after installing a car stereo...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: