polish stainless.

Old 10-19-08, 09:01 PM
wwc is offline
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: southern ohio
Posts: 474
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
polish stainless.

I have a 6" bench grinder and I would like to buy a buffing wheel to help speed up polishing the stainless trim from my car that I have removed while the body is being painted.

what wheel do i need to buy, can i get it from home depot?
Old 10-21-08, 01:43 PM
nightowlpunk's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Connectitax
Posts: 434
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The manufacturer may be able to sell you that wheel online. Not sure, just an idea. Good luck!!
Old 10-21-08, 03:09 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 19,281
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
A grinder buffing wheel will only allow you to buff the smallest parts. If you check at any hardware store or Box store, they should explain on the package what they can be used for.

IIRC It's more about the buffing compond you use than the wheel itself. And once you use one compound on a wheel, you need to switch wheels for another grit. Thats why shops that do this have a bunch of Baldour buffers mounted on their benches.

Also, depending on the car, is it really SS or chrome plated? You have to be careful buffing chrome, you can burn right through it to the base metal. Buffing can be kind of an art.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: