2004 dodge grand caravan

Old 10-21-08, 12:47 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile 2004 dodge grand caravan

i have developed a coolant leak only when the heater is used at the front passender side outside lower..has 2 controls for front and passenger..are there seperate heat coils for each..

Old 10-21-08, 02:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sounds like the heater core needs to be replaced. Is it leaking out a small tube on/near the passenger side firewall?

On some vehicles, replacing the heater core requires the removal of the entire dash panel, but you maybe lucky by just having to remove the glove box.

Old 10-22-08, 03:07 AM
S
Smile leak

seems to be outside of firewall..hoping its a leaking hose or clamp because it is so small..thank you..

Old 10-26-08, 06:29 AM
I
i have to diagree with HotinOKC due to the fact the heater core on your vehicle is located next to the gas pedal any leak from there ends up on the drive side floor...i'm going to assume you have rear heat also......so the most likely cause are the tubes mounted to the firewall are known to rot out causing a leak that will only get worse....they are a bit of a pain to change but not to bad if you remove the wiper cowl.....good luck

Old 10-26-08, 06:36 AM
I don't remember any vehicles made within the last decade that leaked there heater cores into the passenger compartment.

Old 10-26-08, 06:53 AM
I
i wasn't trying to step on toes HotinOKC....i've been a chrysler tech for 15 years and i was just pointing out the most likely cause....those cores don't usually go bad and on the rare occasion they do they do leak on the floor

Old 10-26-08, 09:45 AM
Interesting. I thought the Dodge would have made a drain tube going to the firewall.

You weren't stepping on my toes either. I honestly thought they designed it to drain through the firewall.

Old 10-26-08, 10:02 AM
I
well most will....it's just how it is mounted in the box....there is a cover right next to the gas pedal and some will leak in for that cover but most will go out the evaporator drain on the other side...so i see what you were saying...but the most common leak are those damn tubes....replaced tons of those and maybe two cores and the cores were more the seals then the core itself

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: