1966 electrical wiring diagram - turn siginal flasher

Old 10-29-08, 08:27 AM
1966 electrical wiring diagram - turn siginal flasher

Looking for a diagram to troubleshoot proper wiring of the turn signal flasher. My 66 has not got the socket connector only 2 spade connectors. 1 spade connector has 2 wires and has positive voltage and the other spade connetor has no voltage when tested. I tried a aftermarket canister flasher but blinker only worked for a short time. The canister has a "X" on 1 spade and a "-" on the other. I may have hooked it up backwards and blown the circuitry. before I buy another one I would like to know if there is a difference in the polarity.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-08, 07:30 AM
Check the autozone website, they have a lot of wiring diagrams

Old 11-04-08, 01:17 PM
Wink turn flashers for 66

Can't explain it. I hooked the new one I got from autozone back up and haven't had a problem. I'm beginning to think she just needed some time on the road. I was taking it out for a run to the store and out of habit I used the trun signal and to my surprise it worked and since then it hasn't given me any trouble. The truck has sat for a good number of months and rarely driven. Just goes to show if you don't use it .... you lose it. Thanks.

FYI: the flasher canister is located just below the instrument gage / speed odometer panel tucked inside the support that seperates the panel and the steering column. A universal flasher from Autozone will do the trick. Thanks again.

Last edited by 66F100STYLESIDE; 11-04-08 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added location for flasher canister.