brakes locking up 05 corolla

Old 11-06-08, 07:47 PM
brakes locking up 05 corolla

rf brake locking up, replaced caliper and hose day later same problem, could i have a 'bad' new caliper or have i overlooked something?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-08, 10:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you have two disk front brakes and drum rears, the only thing I could think of is the metering valve on your master cylinder is not releasing pressure from that brake line.

Old 11-07-08, 11:00 AM
Anytime you have a brake drag problem it's a good idea to reduce it to a hydraulic pressure release or a mechanical release issue.

When it's locking up raise the wheel on the problem brake and see if the wheel is difficult to turn. If so, crack the bleeder on the brake cylinder/caliper to see if it relieves pressure, allowing the brake to release. If you still have the drag, you know you have a component hanging in the brake,caliper, or E brake that's causing the problem.

If you fix the drag with a pressure release with the bleeder, you have to look at the hydraulic system for the fault. That could be in a proportioning valve, master cylinder, or brake hose.

Old 11-07-08, 11:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Marb,

Proportioning valves control the rear brakes.

Old 11-08-08, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by rodman53 View Post
rf brake locking up, replaced caliper and hose day later same problem, could i have a 'bad' new caliper or have i overlooked something?
Did you replace JUST the caliper or the Caliper AND SLIDE????
I'd check to see if the slides are working properly
If it was something "central" ie master cyl it would be locking up BOTH frt wheels ............or the RF and LR if it's an X system

Search this Thread