ABS and brake lights coming on

Old 11-13-08, 05:34 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ABS and brake lights coming on

Alright, I have a 1994 S10 Blazer 4X4 with a 4.3L 5-speed. Last week I had new tires put on and on Sunday, the wheel studs on the drivers side front broke and the wheel came off and the blazer went down and messed up the rotor. So I replaced to rotor and put new wheel studs on it. One stud is not all the way in and you can hear it hitting a little bit. Havent had time to take care of it. Also noticed that one line had a knick in it. So I was driving today and noticed that the ABS light and brake light both were coming on for a few seconds then going off and coming back on a couple times then would stop. A few hours later it was doing it again. What would be the cause of this and what would I need to look for to fix this?

Old 11-13-08, 07:47 PM
M
Seems to me that the place that put the tires on should be held responsible for the mishap. The wheel speed sensor harness may have been damaged, or the windings inside the hub have an intermittent open. Hard to say without seeing it. But, the red brake light usually comes on anytime the ABS light comes on. I would take in to the tire shop and have them take care of it. If they decline, call the regional manager.

Old 11-15-08, 08:14 PM
J
well today the lights didn't come on at all. Should I be worried about anything when they do come on though?

Old 11-16-08, 12:20 PM
M
You shouldn't be worried, you're ABS will just be disabled while the lights are on. You're regular brakes will work fine.

Old 11-16-08, 08:32 PM
J
Alright. Wasn't sure if it'd mess anything up or not. It didn't come on again today either.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: