Super hot or very cold..

Old 12-03-08, 12:58 AM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Super hot or very cold..

I have a 92 nissan sentra which runs GREAT by the way. I try my best to take care of it with the maintance. But now I have a problem with heat. Winter right around the corner. My heat only works on 4 which is the highest heat setting. So my sentra gives me a choice to burn or freeze inside of my car. The car has 4 settings. 1, 2 3, and 4. When I first began to experience problems with it, it would not work on setting 1, than about a month later setting two went out, than about a week later setting 3 went out so now all i have left to defrost/heat my car is setting 4. After having this setting on long enough to defrost my car i'm ready to strip and drive naked in 25 degree weather due to my car being so hot. I really miss my other 3 settings. I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before setting 4 goes...Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Old 12-03-08, 04:15 AM
W
are these fan speed settings?

Old 12-03-08, 09:51 AM
W
You could have a blower switch or blower relay going bad. Typical by your description. You also could have a fan controller module failing. You will need to do further diagnostic to find the problem.

Old 12-03-08, 11:05 AM
X
Yes, fan speed settings. I.E. The higher the setting the more heat/air it blows inside of the car. Could it be the fan blower resister going bad? After reading searching google for some of your terms wolf it led me to this forum: 1992 Nissan Sentra Fan Blower Resistor - NissanForums.com :: Nissan Forum
How would I know if the resister is bad? Is it visable?
I cannot find where this fan controller module is after a couple of minutes searching google. What else would you recommend for "Dignostics"?

Old 12-03-08, 11:53 AM
W
The only way to tell if it is bad is to test it. You will need an ohm meter. The forum you were at can give you the values to look for. That would be my 1st choice if I had to guess on a bad part.
You may not have a control module. I did not do research on your car before I answered you. You can test electrical components to see of they are good or not.

Old 12-03-08, 06:28 PM
F
I would do a bit more research on the problem.
I dont know what is the matter with your car and I am too tired right now to look at wire diagrams and try to figure it out.
I looked at the link and I see no reference to the facts being the same.
I will tell you what I do know
Wont take long
On my Chyl Intrepid there is a "resistor block"
On that block there is a thermal thing that burns out when there is too much heat. It leaves you with only high fan. Just to get you home.
I replaced mine and in 3 days it burnt again.
Took amp reading of fan motor and it was real high.
This is why the thermo thing burnt out.

I think your cars fan may be pulling too much power and burning out the speed resistors one at a time.

I would check the amp draw on the fan first.

Old 12-03-08, 07:35 PM
F
I looked at a wire diagram for a 94 Sentra and I just shows the resistor block for the 4 speeds. I could not find a wire diagram for the 92. I imagine it will be the same.
I think I would check the fan for excessive draw

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: