2000 gmc heater problem

Old 12-04-08, 11:24 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2000 gmc heater problem

I have a 2000 gmc z71, my heater recently quit blowing hot air and now only blows lukewarm. The heater hoses get hot like they should and the temp door opens and closes like it should. The only thing i changed recently was the water pump and thermostat. Now my truck takes forever to warm up to normal operating temp, could my t-stat be stuck open causing my heater not to work?

Old 12-04-08, 12:46 PM
T
Air lock in the heater core. Check and see if there air bleeder by the top radiator hose inlet on the block. You have to purge the air out of the cooling/heating system.

Old 12-05-08, 01:57 PM
R
How do I go about purging the air out of the system? Is this like a bleed off valve on a fuel tank, just open it and let the air bleed out?

Old 12-05-08, 06:37 PM
if you have a bleed valve just open it and let a small amount of coolant run out, then check the radiator for full and your coolant reservoir, if you don't have a bleed valve you can burp the heater core by loosening the upper hose and inserting a thin screwdriver blade between the hose and the pipe until coolant flows out. be sure to keep a close eye on the coolant reservoir to see if it burps more air and needs to be refilled.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: