Engine Compartment Paint

Old 12-07-08, 12:18 PM
Engine Compartment Paint

this is my first post so please dont take me wrong, im not a civic ricer guy who paints everything in his engine compartment. I have a 2000 mustang that i decided to try somthing custom on. i baught a satin paxton centrifigul blower insted of polished. i decided i wanted to paint the word "paxton" red and the rest of the blower+tubing black. what paint should i use to get the best results. how should i prep and how many coats do yous suggest? thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-08, 06:11 PM
engine comp paint

Try posting this in the exterior section, the only thing guys on here paint is their toenails. RW

Old 12-09-08, 08:59 PM
lol thanks i'll keep that in mind

Old 12-10-08, 05:33 AM
Not sure if I would paint the entire blower. It may cause it to retain heat. You may want to contact Paxton's tech support for their recomendation.

Old 12-10-08, 08:10 AM
Cool painted blower/supercharger

Go to an auto paint store! Epoxy heat paint! We paint headers and they stay painted. Alumna coat paint can be bought. The blower WILL get hot but not like a header. The fuel/air mix will help cool it and the bearings are probably sealed. Good luck! Could go to a speed shop and ask another racer!