2002 Old Intrigue

Reply

  #1  
Old 12-13-08, 04:32 PM
Blood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
2002 Old Intrigue

I was driving my car today and all of a sudden my check engine light came on and we noticed a wierd smell like burned plastic or something like that. It seems more noticable from the outside than the inside of my car. There was no performance issue, more it was the smell.

Any ideas on what it could be?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-13-08, 06:54 PM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,519
Nothing really springs to mind that would smell like burning plastic and also be CEL-related unless you had a wire harness or connector fall onto the exhaust or something. First step, get a code read; AutoZone among others will read it for free.
 
  #3  
Old 12-14-08, 05:10 PM
Blood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Actually, today I narrowed down that it is my exhaust fumes are the one that smell kind of wierd (smell kind of like burt plastic)

I will go and get some codes in the next coming days....................
 
  #4  
Old 12-15-08, 07:30 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 82
if your car has a 3.5 or 4.0, check to see if it has air injection, one common problem the air pumps suck up water and burn up, seize, blow 40 amp fuse ect, also the plastic hoses in the system could have fell off and landed on the exhaust directly some where. Also when the system fails it will set a check engine light
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
'