No hot air!!!

Old 12-11-08, 08:08 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No hot air!!!

I have a 93 Nissan Quest, the engine heats up, the fan works on all speeds, but there is very little air movement. In addition, I get no more air movement when I select recirculate.
What's not happening here?

Old 12-13-08, 12:06 PM
P
If there is not air coming out of any of the ducts(floor, panel defrost) Sound like either the evaporator core is plugged or heater core is plugged with oil and dirt on the one side, one quick way to check is to pull the Resistor block out and look at the core to see if it plugged. They sale a form spray that cleans them but you will need a compressor and a blow gun.

if there is wind coming out the inside of the heater core is plugged and you will have to go to a rad shop and ask for a power heater core flush

Old 12-13-08, 03:03 PM
B
Another possibility could be a door that moves to direct the airflow; are you sure you get no air out of any of the discharges: windshield, dash, or floor? Did this just happen suddenly?

Old 12-13-08, 04:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sounds like a mode door actuator like bob22 stated. A clog in the heatercore has nothing to do with "no air movement."

Could be a vacuum hose problem to the actuator door (if it's not electrically controlled). Check all vacuum hoses behind dash panel.

Old 12-13-08, 08:40 PM
R
Thanks for the 411.alothough the controlls are electric, they controll vacum solenoids.
I think this problem started last year after a t-stat change. Gives me a definate place to start. I do have some air movement, but just not enough to keep you toasty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: