1989 Chrysler New Yorker

Old 12-22-08, 07:30 PM
1989 Chrysler New Yorker

Hey,

Having a few problems with our newly acquired New Yorker. We had a few codes regarding the coolant temperature sensor recently, changed that, and all is well now in that area.

Another issue was the electronic door locks, which appears rectified now. They stopped working, and when i went to change the 30A 12V fuse, my hand jumped back - the fuse felt hot and almost as if some kind of liquid or something was on it. I pulled it out, and I tried to put a new one in it sparked. Yet a little later on, we tried to put a new one in again and we didn't have a problem. Door locks now work. Any ideas regarding the heat and spark? I can tell you that recently someone was holding the door lock unlock button longer because they were cold and opening slowly. Overheating maybe? (On a side note, any idea how I can lubricate these sticky locks)?

The other issue is with the electronic dash. No switch on it seems to work (to switch to US/Metric, etc.). For some reason all we see is a trip odometer, the full odometer reading no longer displays. How did it get turned off and how can we bring it back?

Finally, and possibly related to the cold weather lately (-45), the button to put panel heat on does not work. Nothing comes out. In fact, all heat flow seems blocked a bit. I'm guessing some kind of door actuator died, and something is not opening/closing like it should. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-08, 04:32 AM
You might try this Mopar site with more people specifically experienced in your vehicle (not that this site doesn't have good info):
Board Message

Old 12-23-08, 09:20 PM
Oh, I love Allpar, but I didn't even know they had forums! Thanks!

Search this Thread