winter over heating

Old 12-23-08, 10:16 AM
winter over heating

94 chevy cavalier 2 door Z22. It only over heats during the winter never in the summer. It's inconsistant with when it overheats it doesn't matter whether it's city or highway driven. There is one hose that's loose but it always has been. This happened last year with the car as well. Really unsure what to do as it only happens in the winter never the summer and it doesn't seem consitant with anything. Thanks for any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-08, 10:33 AM
Have you checked the strength of your anti-freeze? Just wondering if it might be too weak and perhaps gels up in the thinner areas of you rad restricting circulation. Or maybe you thermostat is sticking?

Old 12-23-08, 01:02 PM
Sorry it's a 96 cavalier if that makes a difference...I think it's -45 below anti freeze. how would i check if it gels? Is there any kinda product that i can buy that will let me know. got a tester from the uncle and gonna try it today. just found out that the houses are running cold(this is something new today). I'm just confused cause it only happens in the winter...sorry if I'm being annoying about this.