Remote Car Starter

Old 12-23-08, 06:55 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remote Car Starter

I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT - w/factory installed keyless entry and security system.

I want to buy a remote start so I can start it from in the house in the morning and have the doors stay locked so it doesn't get stolen.

I have been doing some searching online and read about problems with installations of different remote starters that you need a 3rd key for some, then sometimes the keyless entry won't work, things about bypassing the keyless entry, security systems not working - all sorts of things that I don't have a clue about.

Basically I have no clue what to get - I just want to buy something from a reputable place and have it professionally installed - I don't need anything fancy - just want to start the car from inside when it's wicked cold out and have the doors stay locked.

I am located in the Chicago, IL southwestern suburbs so if anyone knows what would be a good one to buy and where to get it installed I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Old 12-23-08, 07:07 PM
G
I have an astrostart brand on my car and instead of a third key it uses a transmitter for the anti theft.and as far as someone stealing it while it is preheating a kill switch is installed on the brake light switch so that when it is pushed to take it out of gear it will kill the engine. You will likely spend 250-350 for one professionally installed and it is worth every penny.

Old 12-26-08, 01:39 PM
have it pro installed. you'll have warranty. BCM - body control module, one that governs vehicle security system - has to be bypassed on modern GMC vehicles in order for the remote start to work. and that's what you paying for - warranty, if something goes wrong.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: