Power Window slow

Old 12-26-08, 04:57 PM
Question Power Window slow

I own a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country van. I notice in the cold weather my front side windows go up extremely slow So slow that they barely makes it to the top. Yet in warmer weather they work fine. I believe that ( I'm no mechanic) the window motors are functioning well and the problem must be related to something else. I don't want to get involved in an expensive repair if I can advoid it.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-08, 05:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hi!

Get your self some lubricating spray, either WD-40 or silicone and spray the window tracks.

Old 12-27-08, 09:09 AM
Yes , go with the silicone spray in tracks/guides, but also look on bottom of doors for 2 slots cut out about 4" in from both ends of the doors. My 99' has them and they are real close to where the window guides are, that run up & down the door with window attached. With window all the way up,(to save some mess on glass) spray some lithium grease, or similar lube upwards and a little toward inside panel direction, and move the can in such a way that your spraying a few inches either way of that hole, as the guides are just a couple of inches away from hole but can't remember 100% sure which way. The lube that doesn't hit the guide, certainly won't hurt anything, in fact will probably help. (oil spray) I found mine were binding more when cold too, especially at bottom. It helped.