Pioneer Car CD Changer

Old 01-18-09, 05:15 AM
Pioneer Car CD Changer

I think this the correct area to post this question, if not could the moderator please move it.

I have a Pioneer DEH-M980 that I have had since I was a teenager. The manufacture date is 1992. As far as I know, it still works. At least as of 4 years ago. I am trying to sell it on Craigslist. I have a potential buyer but he is asking if I have the code for installing this. I don't think it ever came with one. It came out of a junk car and went into at least 2 others. (mine and my brother's). But I can't remember if we needed a code or not. I tried to find some information on Pioneer's website, but I think it is too old. Is there anyone out there who can tell me if it needs a code? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-09, 06:40 AM
code would be a antitheft code i believe. i doubt this one came with one at that age. if you have moved it from vehicle to vehicle it probably doesn't need one.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Old 01-19-09, 10:12 AM
Was it a cd changer you bought as an aftermarket add on or was it taken from a car that came with it stock?? If it is aftermarket there is no code or anything. You just need a cable to run from the changer to the stereo in the car. Even if it is a stock changer it wouldn't have a code.

I have lots of experience w/ audio stuff for cars. That person that wants it on craigslist is probably thinking its an indash stereo and cd changer together. SO make sure you clarify that!!!