New Tire Purchase

Old 01-18-09, 09:58 AM
New Tire Purchase

I purchased a new 06 Honda in Jan 06 that had Dunlop tires. Drove 70,000 km's and the dealer and goodyear tire outlet said I did good to get that many. Now I am looking for a replacement set, and from what I can see you get what you pay for as far as tires go. The goodyear outlet said with the amount of mileage I drive which is about 23,000 km's per year I should consider Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred 135,000 km's rated. Total would be $800.00. Does anyone drive these tires on their civic. Would like to know if this is overkill for my civic or good advice. Most of my driving is highway. My intial purchase price would be around $400- $500, is this a little unrealistic.

Bottom line is I have no idea what to get, just need a good general highway tire for driving year round. My tires are rotated every 10,000 km's when I do my oil changes and tire pressue is checked monthly.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-09, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Hmm similar to another post recently...anyway...

Check Tirerack, you can put in all your info, car, type of driving etc...they will give you recommendations which you can sort by price, manufacturer, whatever.

Even if you don't buy from them, you will see some good recommendations. I'm guessing yer maybe in Canada? Don't know if they have a similar site or if Tirerack does business there.