my 90 plymouth voyager...

Old 01-24-09, 10:50 AM
Angry my 90 plymouth voyager...

I own a 1990 plymouth voyager and it crapped out on my in a parking lot....the mechanic who towed it pointed out that the ignition coil wire was burnt ...we replaced it and it still didn't work....we then replaced the whole rotor/distributor assembly(tried to replace the distributor cap but the screws broke off).....we can get it started using starting fluid but it won't stay started(meaning there is spark...which means the relay which runs the fuel pump is good) and that leads us to the conclusion that the fuel pump is bad.......unless.....I was wondering how do you check or reset that pickup??

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-09, 02:47 PM
Angry temp

I thought I already replied...I don't know.....I want to check that pickup you are talking about before I replace the fuel pump in my 90 plymouth voyager.....we replaced the ignition coil wire, the rotor, distributor, and distributor cap....it still doesn't start(unless you use starting fluid, but it doesn't stay running).....how did you check the pickup??

Old 01-24-09, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Randomuser...it's a 5 y/o post. Not sure what you were replying to. Try the advanced search function.

Old 01-24-09, 03:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
random,

I moved your post once again. You were responding to 5 year old threads. Keep your questions in this thread please.

Old 01-24-09, 04:43 PM
I'm sorry...I'm new to using a forum and I found that thread through google and didn't think to check the date

Old 01-24-09, 04:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have the mechanic check the fuel pressure with his gauges. Have you replaced the fuel filter?

Old 01-26-09, 07:49 PM
I really don't want to have to pay a mechanic to do anything...so could someone tell me how to replace a fuel pump.....I think it's in the gas tank....I just need to know the basics of it.....thanks

Old 01-27-09, 04:55 AM
Group Moderator
It's in the tank; here's removal of the tank:

AutoZone.com | Vehicle Selection - Year

Unfortunately they don't show the pump R&R. Here it is on Chrysler cars of the same vintage; yours would be similar:

AutoZone.com | Vehicle Selection - Year

Just an observation, but you may already have spent more on throwing parts at it than a mechanic would have charged to fix it.