95 Saturn SL1 Transmission problem...

Old 01-24-09, 06:50 PM
Unhappy 95 Saturn SL1 Transmission problem...

I have a 95 SL1 1.9 S.O.H.C. I just found today that the front seal is leaking (pouring) transmission fluid out. it is going to cost $1200+ to get rebuilt... so I found another transmission out of a wrecked 98 Saturn with 60K miles. My question is will the trans out of a 98 work in a 95 if it is the same motor? I need expert info before I drop $300 in this other transmission. Please e-mail me at [email protected] thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-09, 08:29 PM
TRANSmission

Does the used trans come with a guarantee/ warranty ? If its only the front seal its an easy repair, except the cost to R&R the transmission.

Old 01-25-09, 08:39 AM
A leaking front seal doesn't mean the transmission needs to be rebuilt. Are you having any other problems with the transmission? If everything seems to be OK I would just get the leaking seal replaced.

Old 01-25-09, 01:42 PM
saturn transmission

The one in my car also sometimes doesn't shift right. If you drive at low speeds (under 35) the service ingine soon light comes on and then it won't shift at all. I was told it needs a new valve body put in it. I am just going to get another transmission. I just need to know if the tranny out of a 98 will work. If it does, then I might get the other one rebuilt while its out of the car and keep it as a spare and/or sell with the car when I get rid of it. I only need to know if the tranny out of a 98 will work.