1996 suburban turnsignal problem

Old 01-25-09, 12:18 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 1996 suburban turnsignal problem

I have done every thing i can think of so now I am asking for help. My turnsignals all work fine as well as all lighting both inside and out the problem is the turnsignal switch under the dash will not stop chimming I have taken the hole truck appart front to back and have not found any bare wires broken light assemblies you know the tail light set up the tow pack set up is as good as new all fuses are good the only thing i have yet to get into is the steering colum I do not have the right tools to take the colum appart but I am hoping I dont have to. any help would be much appreciated

Old 01-25-09, 01:09 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Are you certain it is a turn signal chime. Usually a chime indicates a safety issue such as seat belts not fastened or door ajar. Occasionally may warn of parking brake not released.

Old 01-25-09, 01:45 PM
H
yes when i take out the turn signal chime box the turn signals stop working but every thing else works fine

Old 01-25-09, 02:04 PM
W
How about a new/ different turn signal chime box? Got a buddy with a truck like yours?

Old 01-25-09, 02:04 PM
H
bought a new one and tried it but got no different result

Old 01-25-09, 07:37 PM
S
I would say try a new multi-function switch (turn signal switch). But try plugging it in under the dash first before it's installed.

Old 01-26-09, 03:22 PM
H
that is a good idea but the haynes repair manual that I bought does not have a wiring diagram for the turnsignal so I dont know what I am looking for under the dash nore does it have a horn diagram I was going to look for broken wires under the hat on the steering wheel but I dont want the air bag going off in my face so until I can find a diagram I'm affraid Im at a standstill on the issue if anyone knows were i can get this it would sure help

Old 01-26-09, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Cut the box open and disable the chime?

Old 01-26-09, 05:14 PM
H
if i dissable the chime the turnsignals with not work

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: