Removing front bumper 01 Buick Regal

Old 01-28-09, 03:34 PM
Removing front bumper 01 Buick Regal

I have a bumper cover on the way for my wifes car, she ripped it up a bit in a minor collision during a snow storm.
It sounds like it should be easy to do once the bumper itself is removed, anyone have any advice for me for getting the bumper off the car?

Gilly

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-09, 07:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most bumpers are held on with a screw or two in each wheel well area, and the rest (bottom) are usually those cheap plastic snaps.

Old 01-28-09, 07:10 PM
I think I have to take the whole thing off, then the cover comes off the internal styrofoam "guts" of the bumper. But I'll check it out, maybe i am overcomplicating things. Once I get the new cover it might help me see what's going on too.

Gilly

Old 01-28-09, 09:04 PM
Group Moderator
I think maybe you are over thinking it. I'm not a body man, but I don't think there are any cars that can't have the cover replaced without further disassembly. Some are more complicated than others; for instance you may need to remove light assemblies to gain access to additional fasteners that are hidden.

Old 01-29-09, 05:18 AM
I used to work on Mercedes, lots of those up to a few years ago, they designed it in the way I am thinking now, where the bumper itself comes off, then there are fasteners inside the bumper you need to remove to get the cover off.
Also I remember cars back in the 80s, when the bumpers were still metal, if you needed to remove the trim strip on the face of the bumper, the bumper has to come off to get those sheetmetal nuts off to replace the strip.
The only lights in the bumper of the regal are the fog lights, I'll keep this in mind that there might be fasteners behind them. The more I think about it, I'll bet you guys are right, I'd even guess the foglights will stay in place.