bearing press punches


Old 01-31-09, 06:24 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West
Posts: 261
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
bearing press punches

what is the name of those sets of aluminum or steel round plugs that you use to help press bearings on ....different sizes are used for the inner or outer races.. kinda like using the inner race from an old worn out bearing..
depending on the size ,you can press the inner lip or the outer lip etc..
where can I find a set ot these cheap???? thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-09, 06:56 PM
HotxxxxxxxOKC's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 8,044
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I call them press arbors.

I'll try to find a kit. Any specific vehicle(s) you work on?
Old 02-01-09, 05:30 AM
pugsl's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 8,596
Received 29 Votes on 27 Posts
Try Harbor Freight or Northern Tools. Much cheaper than a Tool truck.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: