where to place floor jack

Old 02-08-09, 07:00 AM
where to place floor jack

Trying to figure out where I can place a floor jack on a 1992 honda accord without doing any damage. The manual shows the spots behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels for jacking. Can I put a floor jack between the two jack points to lift up one side of the car so that I can set it down on jackstands in those two specified locations.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-09, 08:25 AM
Specified jacking locations are recommended by the manufacturer for that purpose because these areas are usually where several layers of sheet metal come together and/or the geometric shape of the body/frame is very strong. Jacking in any other location would be very risky and I would not recommend it. This is from my 33 years experience in General Motors Product Service Engineering, I am not a Honda expert but I don't know why the same engineering thought wouldn't apply.

Old 02-08-09, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the reply. I want to set the car on jackstands and am not sure if I place the jack at the specified spot and place the jack stands elsewhere or vice versa. Didn't look like I would be able to place both the jack and stands at the jacking point as it is about 4 inches long

Search this Thread