Interior lights won't go out

Old 02-11-09, 08:32 AM
Interior lights won't go out

For a long time lve been having problems between my power door locks,andinterior lights going out. Sometimes my doors will lock whenever they feel like it,instead of when they are timed to,sometimes they lock and unlock and lock and unlock and lock and so on. Then when i shut the van off the interior lights won't go off. they used to after awhile. Now they won't at all.I was forced to take all the interior lights out so i could have my windows working. By the way this in on a 98 ford Windstar gl 3.8. I have tried everything fuses relays putting silicone on the sensors on the doors.everthing ive heard of. please help me im ready to drive it into the river,me in it. thanks. ive been putting up with this for about 5 yrs. since it started. any help would be extremely appreceiatted .thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-09, 09:01 AM
its probably a door ajar switch that is making the lights stay onthere is one in each front door ,one in each sid door and two in the liftgate, the other problem with the locks ,locking on there own is possibly a problem with the insturment cluster, I have changed a number of these clusters and it has solved the issue,but it could also be a chaffed wire somewhere I have seen this as well

Old 02-12-09, 11:01 AM
Interior lights wont go out

I thing i may have solved a problem ive had for 5 yrs. On Just on the inside of my sliding door of my van on right side of the opening on the frame of the van there are some contact points. I just sanded those down with extra-fine sand paper.that seemed to do the trick. I dont know why i have never thought of this before. Everthing seems to work now . Just thought i'd let you know that i finally found my problem out. Have a nice day.