2002 gmc savana cigarette plug

Old 02-13-09, 10:21 AM
2002 gmc savana cigarette plug

Hi. We just got a mobile dvd player and find out that our lighter plug is not working. Not the cigarette lighter (tho that doesn't work either) but the extra plug in spot. My husband checked fuses and as far as he can tell they are all good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-09, 04:56 PM
well best thing is either make sure its not a fuse. If not pull socket out and test for voltage.. if nothing replace the socket. If still a no go run a new wire to the fuse box and go from there.

Old 02-13-09, 05:13 PM
sounds easy - lol. Hopefully he will understand what you mean! Thanks

Old 02-14-09, 07:55 AM
I don't know how the plugs are wired but they may only have voltage in the "key on" position. Check that first before you assume there is a problem.

Old 02-14-09, 09:06 AM
have you tried to it with a mobile phone charger, you just need to find wheter it's the dvd cord/plug or the outlet. if it's the oulet it sounds like a fuse, the odds of all the power outlets nt working due to the outlet itself is odd, its usually a fuse that connets all the power outlets together..

Old 02-14-09, 11:43 AM
Yeah I know it is the outlet. We have a car vacuum that works fine - with no key on. ANd it won't work now. And when we plugged the dvd into another vehicles socket it powered on just fine. So it is definitely our socket.

Old 02-18-09, 09:09 PM
i would remove the panel and with a test light check power and ground at the socket connector

Old 02-19-09, 01:39 PM
tell him to check fuses # 7 and#13 in the fuse box under the dash they are 25 amp fuses. good luck