A/C just stopped working

Old 02-18-09, 12:08 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/C just stopped working

Well I have a 2005 Buick Rendezvous. My A/C just went out all of a sudden. I am posting to see if anyone has ideas on what I could do to figure out what is wrong with it. Not being inclined when it come to auto mechanics all I can tell you is that it was working great. One day it would not come on. The light that would come on when you push the A/C button no longer comes on. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-18-09, 05:56 PM
M
The Rendezvous, Montana, Aztek, Venture, and Silhouette had leaking AC condensor issues. GM revised the part. So, there is probably a good chance that you need the AC condensor replaced. This part is mounted infront of the radiator. Labor wise, you are looking to spend at least $300.00. I can't recall what a new, GM condensor costs. You could get an aftermarket one less expensive though. First thing you need to do, is have it properly diagnosed. Keep an eye out for shops that offer free AC system diagnosis. What they will do, is first check to see if there is any refrigerant in the system. If non is present, they will pull a vaccum on the system, add dye (if there is none in there from the factory), and recharge it. They will then run the vehicle with the AC on while inspecting for a leak with a UV lamp. Some places can charge as much as $100 for AC diagnosis, so you might want to call around to see what everyone charges. If there is no leak, an electrical problem would have to be diagnosed.

Old 02-18-09, 06:46 PM
W
I would check for a blown fuse, because the light should come on weather or not the compressor comes on

Old 02-18-09, 07:10 PM
W
FIRST thing to do is hook up gauges.......Have pressure???? (@ 80psi high and low A/C off) then you need to check electrical...........NO pressure or very low pressure????........tweak the charge up and check for leaks. A condensor leak should be relatively easy to spot. When a "high side" component leaks, it usually discharges the oil with the refrigerant.........

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: