2000 Odyssey door locks

Old 02-26-09, 06:01 PM
2000 Odyssey door locks

I've seen a few questions regarding keyless entry remotes, but none seem to apply to my situation. I have 2 remotes for my 2000 Odyssey EX. Both remotes work great except for the lock door function. The remote light flashes, but the car doesn't respond. The car lights don't flash, there is no "motor sound" that I hear when I unlock the doors, and of course the locks don't engage. I have tried re-programming the remotes, but the situation didn't change. The door lock switches in the interior all work, including the driver's side interior lock switch. I've read about actuators going bad, but my interior switch works. Is it still an acutuator problem? Or something else? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sbartolini; 02-26-09 at 06:02 PM. Reason: forgot some info
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-09, 10:45 PM
It's not the actuators,
You might need to reprogram your tranmitter.
Jeff

Old 02-28-09, 08:12 AM
How do I reprogram the transmitter? I have already reprogrammed remotes with the "turn key on, hit remote button, turn key off, repeat, etc." method. No luck.

Old 02-28-09, 11:26 AM
Have your remotes ever worked?
If not does your cruise control work?

Old 02-28-09, 12:13 PM
Both remotes always used to work until about two weeks ago. They still work for all functions EXCEPT lock doors. Cruise control works, but indicator light switch on dash does not light up when CC engaged. "Cruise Control" icon does light on instrument panel does light when CC being used. In short: YES both controls work YES cruise control works

Old 02-28-09, 05:04 PM
When you reprogrammed the remotes each step has to be done in 4 seconds or less to keep it from exiting the program mode.
Make sure all doors, hood and lift gate are closed.

1 Turn switch to on (II)

2 Press the lock or unlock button on remote aim it at glove box

3 Turn ignition switch to (0)

4 Repeat steps 1,2, and 3 two more times

5 Turn ignition switch to on (II)

6 Press the Lock or Unlock on remote, make sure door locks are working to confirm it’s in program mode.

7 within 10 seconds press Lock or Unlock button on each transmitter “remote”. Make sure lock works with both transmitters.

8 Turn ignition switch to lock (0)

If that doesn’t work...

Try changing the batter in remote.

Remember you have to keep the steps 4 seconds or less, doors shut, hood and lift gate shut.

If that doesn’t work, have you had any repairs done lately?
Jeff