OČ Sensor in 03 Blazer ZR2

Old 03-03-09, 03:03 PM
OČ Sensor in 03 Blazer ZR2

Hey all,

I have a 2003 Chevy Blazer ZR2, and recently the engine light has come on with the code "P0155 02 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 1)"

My problem is I have a huge road trip in 2 days, limited time with the truck, and no garage. So to be safe I'm just going to replace it rather than troubleshoot.

But I need to make sure I replace the correct one. From my searches, all I could really find to help me locate it was that it's "the passenger side front sensor"

Unfortunatly I don't have the truck now, and when I go to replace it, it will be dark, and freezing cold. I took a quick look underneith today, and found 2 pipes coming down from drivers, and passengers, and infront of the cat there was a sensor... a very easy to get to sensor and I'm hoping that's the one.

Can anyone confirm this? and if it's not, can you tell me where the one I'm looking for is and how I can get at it please?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-09, 03:15 PM
Group Moderator
That should be it; if there is another sensor past the cat that would be the #2. I'm not sure I would lose any sleep over a bad heater circuit in one of the sensors.

Some technical reading for you:

OBD-II Trouble Code: P0135 Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1, Sensor1)

Old 03-03-09, 04:58 PM
the heater circuit just helps it get hotter quicker to go into closed loop, I would drive it until the spring when it gets warmer and then change it,it certanly will not hurt it to drive it

Old 03-03-09, 06:52 PM
Greg is right, no need to do it now.