97 BMW 323i convertible top

Old 03-05-09, 05:14 PM
97 BMW 323i convertible top

I have a1997 bmw 323i and the convertible top was opening slow so i replaced the motor, releasing the lever under the seat, both motors came loose easily. When i was done with replacing the motor i put them back in. Now it seemed to be out of time , so i repositioned the motor and it seemed to start working ok. Top started to act funny by going only half way up. Then the top started to not move then it would go half way then the top would go all the way but the windows would stop half way up then the windows went up and the top stoped moving altogether. Now the button flashes and when pushed, the motor for the hard cover only moves in result, making a ratcheting noise till the key is turned off. I did this only once befor i disconnected the motor. I tried disconnecting the battery to reset the top, then retested, but it did not work. Is there a reset procedure or something I can do to make this top work properly?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-09, 02:11 PM
If this is an electrohydraulic unit, perhaps there is some way to read the error codes when it faults. The flashing button suggests you can do that. Unfortunately, I'm only familiar with the Mercedes units. Can you perhaps find a BMW-specific site that can help you with this problem?

Old 03-06-09, 02:55 PM
thank you for at lease a remark.