2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Blower problem

Old 03-14-09, 03:19 PM
2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Blower problem

I took my Mercury to a dealer they said I needed a blower motor and resistor and jumpers. I replaced the motor and did not work at first then came on and no more. Should I replace the resistor as well? It seems to work when it wants to.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-09, 04:43 PM
If it's the resistor it will still work on high but not the other 3 speeds. I would suggest looking at the back of the blower switch to see if the switch and connector are melted. If so replace the switch and splice in a new connector.

Old 03-14-09, 08:05 PM
Blower problem

Not sure what the blower switch looks like. It has the automatice climate system. Is it possible to have short some place? Also, it won't blow on high.

Thanks for your help

Old 03-15-09, 04:39 AM
Power for that goes to the motor/through the motor to the resistor and then to the switch (ground....to complete the circuit)..When the motor ages and loses resistance too many amps get to the resister and smokes it..........IF the resistor didn't smoke IN TIME and that current hit the control head circuit board you have a repectably expensive repair.....Put the resistor in first and go from there, the resitor is kinda cheap

Old 03-29-09, 06:39 PM
Installed the resistor and it is blowing like up a storm.