Auto air suspension

Old 03-17-09, 03:52 AM
Auto air suspension

I have a 1993 Lincoln town car With auto air suspension that does not work. My repair manual says that repairs may be beyond the scope of a do-it- yourselfer. None the less could someone tell me where I could find the components, the compressor,solenoids and sensors so I could check for obvious problems before I take it somewhere.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-09, 04:41 AM
Group Moderator
Old 03-17-09, 07:28 AM

Thank you for such a quick reply. I would like to drive it a little longer I don't want to put much into. You would'nt happen to know where the compressor or solenoids are located so that I could give a quick check on them.

Old 03-17-09, 07:34 AM
would also agree you are probably better off converting it believe you can use most of the parts from a crown vic to convert it to a coil spring.
the compressor is usually under the hood and it may be fine as alot of the time its a bad air spring leaking.

Old 03-17-09, 08:58 AM
Group Moderator
If it's a plumbing leak I think you should be able to hear the compressor running. Don't quote me, but I believe the compressor is on the left side of the engine compartment.

Old 03-17-09, 02:22 PM
i think some of them depending on year had it in the trunk and is was mounted on the back seat.

good luck.
Allan

Old 03-17-09, 06:09 PM
Front left corner, behind an access panel, is the compressor. Not sure of the years, some were accessible from the engine bay, and others were accessible thru the drivers side inner fender shield.

The solenoids are on the "BAGS" themselves, the height sensors were bolted to the frame , and a Link ran down to the lower control arm. If I remember correctly, the links were famous for popping off, and the compressor, in turn , ran continuously and cooked itself.

In the trunk , behind the "Cardboard " for the backseat , is the control module.

Old 03-19-09, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Unclediezel View Post
In the trunk , behind the "Cardboard " for the backseat , is the control module.
that right now it all comes back to me. It has been a few years sence i worked in a shop.

Allan