Looking for a good floor jack

Old 03-17-09, 10:16 AM
Looking for a good floor jack

Anyone recommend a good and reliable brand of floor jack and where to get it?

I don't need a huge jack just, enough to go about 2 tons and a respectable amount of clearance.

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-09, 02:12 PM
most of them are reliable regardless of brand you might try sears, you local parts stores or even harbor freight if you have one near you, while I wouldnt recomend harbor freight for most things I do have one of their 3 ton floor jacks that is probably 10 years old that still works fine.
just remember to always use jack stands to support any vehicle if you are going to be under it and never rely just on a jack.

Old 03-17-09, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Don't forget pawn shops....plenty of used tools there that are still perfectly good. May not look so great..but most would let you check them out.

Old 03-17-09, 02:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I can also vouch for the HF jack. I have a 2.25 ton floor jack I bought from them over 20yrs ago. I've never had any issues with it

Old 03-18-09, 11:59 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I bought my truck/SUV jack a few years ago at Advance Auto for $50 plus tax. One minor issue with it, the handle bent a little, not sure how, although I do not use it every day, more like once a month for oil changes, yep I drive that many miles. The brand name is speedy lift and it holds 5000 pounds. Lift range is 6-21 inches.

Old 03-19-09, 07:43 AM
Thanx,
I'll try HF--I always seem to find some little thing I think I need whenever I go there.

Old 03-20-09, 08:35 PM
Best Floor Jack I got

Hi Hope this helps. I had my own Auto Shop for a few years and in that time i went through several jacks from Auto Zone, They kept replacing them under warranty but they would only last me about a week or so each. Bought one from Checker and it leaked all the fluid out of it over night when it was Brand New. Bought one from CarQuest and it lasted me over 2 years of heavy use every day. Still have it and now it sits in my driveway ouside in the weather. Its been about 6 months since I used it untill today still worked great even after sitting in -30 F weather getting rained on etc.. all winter. think it cost me about $100 2 1/2 ton normal sized floor Jack