4x4 problem 2002 explorer

Old 03-27-09, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
4x4 problem 2002 explorer

I too have a problem with my 2002 Explorer...I read the problems that other people had and changed the module behind the glove box with no results...here is what mine does. The 4x4 completely stopped working - indicator lights don't work at all, the switches don't work so I can't turn on the 4x4. Any ideas...please help!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-09, 01:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did it stop on you while driving? Or, just not have function once you got back inside and wanted to go?

Have you checked the battery connections including ground connection? (By checking, I mean actual removal and clean up of those connections.) Does this vehicle have a junction block where they fork off to dash area, the hot wire under the hood, say at some relay or down by the starter, where perhaps there could be also corrosion or loose connection?

Have you checked for malformation in wire of a near-to-battery fusible link?

What all have you checked, yourself?

Check out my posts from minutes ago about getting a Mitchell's wiring diagram, like from the library, regarding your car, so yo can trace the wires from the battery on back. This can be rather satisfying and rewarding to pull this off. Take it from me.