04 GMC Sierra door ajar warning

Old 03-29-09, 03:33 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
04 GMC Sierra door ajar warning

Alright fellas here we go. I have a 2004 Sierra, just today while driving down the road the chime sounded and showed the message passenger door ajar. I checked the door and it was closed, but I get the chime and the message every time I put it in gear, the interior lights will not turn off unless I do it manualy. Anybody have any experience with this? I am going to check the door jamb switch, hope it is the switch and not some computer module somewhere. Any ideas?

Old 03-29-09, 06:39 PM
Highly unlikely you will find a "Jamb" switch without disassembling the door........

Look around the net at 2000 and later "Ford" trucks with this problem....

The "Jamb" switch is part of the latch assembly. Spray the latch liberally with WD-40 , and open and close the door repeatedly until it works in.....If this doesnt work, you will be buying a latch, unless of course, the Jamb switch is serviceable seperately.

Old 03-29-09, 07:06 PM
W
You are correct diesel. The switch(es) are a non serviceable part of the door latch. A new latch costs 150 to 200 dollars. This is another reminder of why I quit working on automobiles for a living. No need to complicate this system this much when a 3.00 switch would do the job. American car companies will get what they deserve, if the government gets tired of giving them our money.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: