Now I've Gone And Done It. 92 Ford Ranger

Old 04-02-09, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Now I've Gone And Done It. 92 Ford Ranger

Ok...Now I've gone and done it. Was replacing the plugs and wires on my 1992 Ford Ranger 4cyl with 123,000 miles on it. The hex part of one of the plugs broke off, and the ceramic came cleaning out of the threaded portion of the plug. All that's left in the cylinder head is the threaded part of the plug. How can I go about removing that without having to take the head off? If you want I can post a pic of the offending plug. Please Help!!!

Cory

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-09, 03:45 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
You'll have to use an easy-out on it. Make sure you have the right size of tool. After you get the base of the old plug out, put the other three in it and run it a short time without the plug in the cylinder you're working on. That should blow out any debris from the old plug.

Old 04-02-09, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Been there it sucks

Don't feel bad this happened to me on a 98 dodge dakota only I was at work and I got paid to fix it. Take your time with it Partience will help you. I would spray a small amount of penetrating oil around the outer part of the remaining plug let it sit and spray alittle more in 10 minutes try not to spray to much in to the cylinder. Hopefully some oil might seap into the threads and then as the other person suggested use an easy out/ extractor. I used a set of extractors from snap-on there are a few differant designs I believe I used a new style its based off the old square fluted design but redesigned for better grip the more effort you use when attempting tu turn it. Good luck.